Apart from the above, the OnePlus 6T shares a lot of specs with the OnePlus 6.
The OnePlus 6T has similar specs as the OnePlus 6, including:
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chip.
- 6 or 8 GB of RAM for smooth performance.
- Fast charging with OnePlus’ Dash Charging brick, designed to keep all the heat from charging away from the phone. (Overall, less heat in a smartphone is better.)
- A 1080p display, which still looks great despite sharper resolutions on other high-end smartphones. (The OnePlus 6T has a higher-resolution display than the new iPhone XR.)
- It’s $20 more for the base 6 GB RAM model, but you get twice the storage of the OnePlus 6, at 128 GB.
- The model with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage — the one T-Mobile will sell — is $580, like the OnePlus 6 with equivalent specs.
- The model with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage will cost $630, like the OnePlus 6 with equivalent specs.
Still, while much of the meat might taste the same as the OnePlus 6, the OnePlus 6T certainly has some extra flavor from the new features and updates.